TIP #12: transfer your calendars from iOS to Android
Here it is! You have gone for a CROSSCALL smartphone but all your calendars are on your old iPhone. Before anything else, the first step is to create a Google account, which will be used to configure your CROSSCALL smartphone when you first start it up. You can then start to synchronise your calendars. It is really simple and we will explain how to do so.
FROM YOUR OLD iPHONE
1. Go into “Settings” then the “Mail” menu.
2. Then go to the “Accounts” section. Select “Gmail”. You can choose to turn on “Calendars”, “Mail”, “Contacts” and “Notes”.
3. In the same way, you can go into “Settings” then “Calendar”. Go into the “Accounts” section. Select “Gmail” and turn on “Calendars”, “Mail”, “Contacts” and “Notes”.
4. Your CROSSCALL phone should automatically update. If it does not do so, you will need to go into the “Account” menu then, “Google” and turn on all the data or click on “Add an account”.
VIA GOOGLE DRIVE
1. Download the Google Drive app on your old iPhone.
2. Enter your Google login info when it first opens.
3. In the menu at the top left of the screen, go into the “Settings” tab.
4. Select “Backup”.
5. You then have the option of saving your contacts, calendars and photo and video content.
6. Then click on “Start Backup”. Note that the procedure can take a few minutes to a few hours depending on the amount of data to be backed up and the quality of your internet connection.