TIP #7: synchronising your notifications on your computer
If you spend the majority of your time on your computer, synchronising the notifications and messages received on your smartphone with your PC or Mac, could save you time. Among the numerous applications available on the Playstore, CROSSCALL has chosen the Pushbullet app and its web version, to explain to you how to manage all your notifications directly from your desktop.
ON YOUR COMPUTER
ON YOUR PHONE
- Download the PushBullet app on your Playstore.
- Log in with the same account used for the web version.
- PushBullet will therefore ask you to turn on notifications on your smartphone, as well as notification synchronisation with your computer. Accept in both cases.
- You now have access to the app’s Menu.
INSTALLING THE PUSHBULLET PLUG-IN
- Go back to your browser.
- After having confirmed all the stages, Pushbullet will suggest you install the extension for your web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Windows).
- This module will appear in the form of an icon in the bar of your browser.
- Now you can send files, respond to SMS, see notifications from your social networks, etc. from your computer!
SENDING / RECEIVING SMS ON YOUR COMPUTER WITH PUSHBULLET
- When you get an SMS, a notification will appear on your computer screen and you can access the content of the message by clicking in it.
- To write an SMS, nothing could be more simple: open your browser, click on the PushBullet icon, select the “SMS” tab, choose your recipient, write your message and send it.
- From the app installed on your smartphone, you can also send a test notification by clicking on “Synch notifications” in the app’s menu, then “Send a test notification”.